Thursday, June 11, 2009

Baby Musings

Other soon-to-be summer moms I talk with were discussing when they started talking to their babies. I realize I don't talk to Levi much, but I realized that we communicate in other ways. I like putting on music that he likes and I really enjoy hearty laughing because he squirms around a lot for that, too.

Most of my communicating with him is belly strokes. He really responds to light touches from me - which tells me he’s figured out who mommy is and who daddy is because he doesn’t respond the same way when Bryan touches the belly.

Bryan sometimes talks to him though. Usually it’s when I’ve had a really hard day and he’s got a foot in my ribs or something. He’ll say, “Hey! Levi! What do you think you’re doin’? Move that foot!” Then he’ll jiggle the belly. “Move it I say!” Jiggle. Which makes me laugh, which ends up making the foot move.

I always wonder what it will be that he recognizes from the womb after he's born. Will it be our voices? The music we play? Nothing at all? Time will tell. Today is 33 weeks. I can't believe we're looking at 7 weeks to full term - that is amazing!

No comments: