Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dear Levi,

This past Friday you turned one years old. It’s amazing how the last year has been both the slowest and the fastest of my life.

The day you were born, you snuggled in the crook of my arm and I could count the dark hairs that together formed the peach fuzz on your forehead. I held you for so long, just looking at you and not moving, that my hand formed a hand print in your head. Your dark steel blue eyes looked into mine and I was hooked.

Today you are go-go-go. You snuggled for a few minutes this morning while you drank your bottle. I tried to find hairs to count on your forehead, but they are so blonde it’s hard to see them. Then you were off - toddling around and crawling. Your head is, thankfully, not as soft as it once was. I am thankful for this since you decided to roll right off the bed during a diaper change Friday. Did we really want to spend this birthday in the hospital, too? No - thankfully -you actually laughed it off. We’re still not sure what color your eyes will be, as they are now a mix of grey/blue/hazel, but you still take the time to look into mine, forehead to forehead. And it makes my heart melt.

You are growing up and your spirit is one I am trying hard to encourage and guide without breaking. You are an amazing little boy. :) I can’t wait to see what this next year holds!

Smooches and hugs,
Mama

No comments: