We went to the mall today to fill a prescription for Daddy’s glasses. While there, we walked around a bit to let Levi enjoy being out of the house (cabin fever sucks the life out of him). He didn’t want him to play in the tot park in case he was still contagious, so we walked a lot to keep him interested. At one point we walked by Stride Rite and I saw in their window a display of Robeez. I thought Stride Rite was hard soles only, so I dragged them inside to take a look.
The sales associate was very nice and helped us figure out that because he is walking, but isn’t used to shoes, the SRT Step 2s would be excellent for him. They have flexible soles and match the shape of a toddler’s foot very well. We decided to try a pair on and she measured his foot to see where he was at. I thought he was a size 5, but he’s a 6 wide. My jaw dropped! He has size 5s, bought by Grams, at home. No wonder he didn’t like them!
We chose this style and after some initial confusion he really took to them. He enjoyed walking around the mall with Daddy instead of strolling in the stroller. Uh, wait. Maybe that’s not a good thing? ;) The associate was very nice and gave us $5 off since we were “nice and it was our first time” then made sure I saw the survey on the receipt to get me a discount for another $5 off my next purchase. Nice!
They’re pricey, but he’s walking. In shoes. I don’t have to worry about dirty floors ruining socks or cold feet or questionable surfaces. It’s such a nice feeling!

No comments:
Post a Comment