My follow-up OB appointment was yesterday. The fruit punch flavored glucola was tasty, but I still prefer the orange flavor more. The results will be up, hopefully soon, so I have one less worry on my plate. I really don't want to deal with the idea of having gestational diabetes.
The docs aren't happy with my blood pressure. While it's not the greatest, it certainly isn't the worst it could be either. (Average over a seven day period is 128/71. So while it seems nice, it's higher than my normal average of 119/59 a month or so ago. And it means I'm spiking, which isn't good.) I've been put on the high-risk monitoring rotation. This means my case, along with any other potentially high-risk or definite high-risk mothers, will be discussed in the weekly meetings the six or so doctors in the practive have. I guess I should be reassured that I will be monitored so closely, but I worry nonetheless.
For anyone reading who doesn't know (or hasn't been told the stories of amazing feat by my mother. Hi Mom!), I was born 12 weeks early because my mom developed preeclampsia. I had numerous problems that miraculously resolved without surgical intervention and I have no (we assume ;) ) lasting problems to this day. So while I was heartened yesterday with the mistaken thought that today would be my 28 week mark, my balloon was a bit deflated this morning when I realized I am, rather, at the 27 week mark today.
Bryan seems to be sick (we can't tell if it's really bad allergies or an illness) so the mood in the house is a bit somber today. I suppose it is a fitting day, on this day of reflection, to stumble upon this story from another blog. It's the story of a little girl, born under very different circumstances but at the same time frame as me, who recently passed away at 17 months old due to, in short, complications from illness caused by lung prematurity.
Please send your thoughts to this family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment